Saturday, February 28, 2009

Untitled 3, 2009.

So, my test went well. It was one of those tests that doesn't tax you mentally so much as physically - I had to take a few breaks just to give my hand a rest before plunging in to another long-answer question. I spent the night at my friend Katie's house, which was great, and my brain woke me up at 6:30. Just the way I like it. I've realized this semester that when I give myself adequate amounts of sleep, I feel better and concentrate better. How weird is that? There may be something to this... but really, I haven't had to have ANY all-nighters this semester. Which for me, is amazing.I'm usually up at all hours of the night working away on things, secretly wanting to cry because I was so tired (my roommates Whitney told me once that she was impressed that I had the discipline to stay up and get things done even when I was exhausted. I told her that I was impressed she never had to :) ). Anyway, so I woke up early and got to reading around 7:00, which was just perfect. It was a quiet morning, I just sat at the kitchen table reading away (and completing a 9-page study guide... maybe I'll post it here for fun... ha.). It was just so nice. And I feel like an expert on T-cell activation now. So that's good.

My friend Romy had a cool idea on her blog - she wanted to do a little tribute to members of her family throughout the year, and decided to do it on their respective birthdays. Genius! So I've decided to follow suit, and also include some great friends who are practically family too. For those who are familiar with my blogging habits, you know that it may turn out to be a sporadic effort, and that you may be lucky to be written about in your birth month, or season, rather than the actual day. Still, I'm going to try. Since I'm a little behind (two months gone already!), I'll have to catch up a bit...

I'll start with my brother Matt (his birthday is in February, so it's a good thing I'm getting this done today!).

So first I have to apologize that I don't have any great pictures of him. His wedding pictures are really nice, but... they're not on my computer. On the other hand, a picture of him eating a ginormous turkey sandwich is a lot more like what you'd see day-to-day of him rather than a picture of him in a tux.

Anyway. Matt is pretty cool. He lives in Calgary and plays with maps all day (at least that's what I think he does. I could be very wrong). We weren't exactly best friends growing up, but I really appreciate him now (I guess that's how life goes). He's really good at doing little things that mean a lot. One day at school I was having a hard time balancing everything, and he called Domino's pizza in Rexburg and had a pizza delivered to me. It was awesome, and completely unexpected. I like being able to talk to him every now and again and hear about his experiences. I can usually get some advice out of him too, which is great. :)

1 comment:

Romy said...

Awesome pic of Matt! Hahaha! It's funny how the brother-sister relationship thing works huh? I think the whole getting along when we're older is our reward for not following through on our many creative ideas on how to "accidentally" become an only child when we were younger! Hahaha!

P.S. Thanks for the props..."genius" might be a bit overstated, but since we're twins, I'll just say it runs in the family!