Monday, March 3, 2008

The beginning


Well, I have decided to start a little blog.  I figured this would be especially good for the summer since I'll be doing an internship in Washington state in cancer research, and it would be nice to be able to keep friends and family updated.

My little title, "Life is Beautiful" is meant as a bit of a play on words-- I am a biology major, and studying life has led me to an ever-increasing appreciation for and awe of it.  Perhaps it's an indication of my geekiness that I find the opening and closing of Na+/K+ ATPase channels as elegant as ballet, but I really find a beauty in how life lives.
I also find that as I get a little older (and hopefully wiser along with that), life itself (in the more standard, social definition) becomes more beautiful and meaningful.  There is so much to be glad about.  I don't mean to sound naive, and I am certainly aware that life can be extremely difficult and trying, but I also find that if we focus on the things that really matter, we can always find something to be glad about.  On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux"  -- St. Exupery

So now I'll have a place to write down my experiences, adventures, and thoughts about life.  Not that I have anything particularly profound to say.  I'm sure that if you don't know me, this blog will be very boring.  Heck, it might bore you even if you do know me, but you know what?  It's not about you.  Suck it up, princess.

1 comment:

The Zwahlens said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have a blog now, especially since my emails have been lacking... It'll be fun to hear all about your fun adventures!