Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reason to Love Washington #15

Mount Rainier!

On overcast days, you can't see anything.

But on non-overcast days, you can see it peek through Washington's ubiquitous evergreens (they didn't name it the Evergreen State out of sarcasm, that's for sure). It's cool, because sometimes I forget it's there, and then I'll take a turn while driving, come around the corner, and have a beautiful vista open up in front of me. Ta-da! It's a mountain! And it's awesome. And I'm sure people can tell I'm not from around here because sometimes I just have to pull over so I can gaze at it and take a picture. Or look around to see whether there is a better vantage point nearby. I've found some pretty good ones.... The mountain always catches my attention.

Mount Rainier. Sunrise. View from my window. Sweet.

No comments: