Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rexburg!!

Hm, so I had an idea for something all artistic and crafty in February, but never really got around to doing it... until now! (Dun dan dunnnnn). Those familiar with the Rexburg temple will know that the temple uses a lot of wheat motifs in its decor, especially in the stained glass windows. For those not familiar with the Rexburg temple, you need to know that it uses a lot of wheat motifs in its decor, especially in the stained glass windows. I love the designs that are used. The motif was also used a lot in the Rexburg Temple Celebration in which I performed the night before the dedication. It was a very touching experience for me, and I thought it would be cool to somehow snag a piece of the set... but before you report me, all I did was pick up some heads of wheat that had fallen onto the floor off of some displays. That makes what I did gleaning, not theft. :D
Anyway, I planned what I wanted to make a while ago, but never really had the time, and have consequently been carrying little heads of wheat with me in my luggage all summer. But now I've finished it! And I have to say I'm kinda proud of it. I used a window box so the wheat could go inside, and the stained glass motif is on a piece of vellum that has been attacked with both Sharpies and pencil crayons (those are Canadian colored pencils). So here it is!


The finished creation! Though it's hard to tell from the picture, it's very beautiful when light shines through it, it creates a really neat glow.



The design a little more close-up. And wheat. Lots of wheat.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I think this is VERY beautiful and I want you to make me one!! PLEASE!! ;) I love it!

Elizabeth said...

Okay, but you'll have to glean some wheat... I haven't seen any in Washington. :)