Monday, March 2, 2009

This is a little late...

So, my amazing sister-in-law Jess tagged me in a post of hers in February, and because I am kind of a blog slacker sometimes (ok, most times, excepting random bursts of creative energy like I've had this week), I haven't done it yet. Sorry! I'm supposed to write six random things about myself and then tag others to do the same. So... here goes!

1. I am currently eating a grape popsicle. The popsicle stick has a joke on it - it asks you a riddle question on the "dry" end, and then when you finish the popsicle, you get the answer. They're always really lame, but I like them anyway, and try to guess what the answer will be. Today's joke is "What has wheel and a trunk but no engine?" I'm going with "An elephant on roller skates".

2. I had the biggest group session at work EVER today. I had 7 students at once, and while it was different from what I was used to, and I had to modify my teaching style a bit, it was really good and we got through a lot of material. The students were able to feed off each other and quiz each other a lot, which was great. The best part of work is helping things "click", and that happened a lot today, so it was a good day.

3. Sometimes I get really motivated and excited about cooking and trying new recipes, but I'm gradually coming to admit and accept that invariably, when I get to the store with my beautiful list of necessary ingredients, it all seems too daunting and expensive, and I start thinking of everything adding up and all the chopping and measuring and cooking involved, all for a recipe that may not even be tasty. Eventually I give up and buy bread, peanut butter, and noodles. Or, worse yet, I buy half the ingredients and let them sit in my pantry, unused and unloved. I need to figure out what to do with that curry mix....

4. I rarely read the school newspaper because it makes me too angry. We're in college, people! Grammar should not be a complicated issue! And WHERE was the editor?!?! The writing also tends to be very poor in content. Last week there was an article about vegetarianism (anti-veg), and the writer used the President of the Cattleman's Association as her main source. Um... I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I'm also sure there *may* be some bias. Just sayin. I would have written a letter to the editor, but I was too irritated to be articulate. Haha.

5. I love white boards. I carry dry erase markers in my backpack! I justify it by saying that I use them for work (you know, so the students can draw things out on the boards...), but let's be honest... I use them more than they do. They're just perfect for drawing out cell processes and chemical pathways! And they come in such pretty colours.

6. I actually like all my classes this semester. Even if I don't enjoy every minute of them, or all the work I have to do for them, I am learning about lots of different things (Music, Ceramics, Medical Microbiology, Doctrine and Covenants, and Political Science), and it's all interesting. I think the trick is that I feel like they can each apply to or contribute to my life in some way, even if I have to get a little creative in establishing the connection sometimes... haha.

I guess that's it... and now, I'm going to tag... Teags, Romy, and Theresa. But no worries if you take a month to reply like I did. :)

Oh, and the answer to the riddle... "An elephant on rollerblades"!
I know, I know... I was off on the roller skates/rollerblades thing (kids these days... always having the new toys...) but I'm still counting it. Which means... I'm awesome!!! Either that, or I have eaten far too many of those things and now just know the type of humour they use. That's a scary thought.

2 comments:

Lunicrax said...

assuming I'm the Theresa you meant (I don't know how many theresas you know.. ;) I'll just say - I just succumbed to the pressure to do the 25 things on facebook... that's all you get.. ;)

Oh, and you following post - I first thought the awesome bowl had chocolate mousse in it, and now I have CRAVINGS! Still an awesome bowl though.

Elizabeth said...

You assumed correctly ;).
I guess I'll have to go read facebook!